Thursday, October 22, 2009

Double Deuce and how I tried to stay on topic.



This book was not something that I would personally read. First of all it was about a very young teenager who gets shot and her child as well. She was never able to give a description even in her mind, like what she was thinking and there was alot of profanity. Then the book goes on in regards to Hawk and Spencer It then reminded me of New York under cover the fine porterican cop who played in Fame and the dark skin brother who for some reason always needed chap stick.

I Pretty much had to relate the book to T.V shows and movies to stay focused in reading this book another time was when Spencer, Hawk and the Minister were at the complex called Double Deuce brought me back to the movie called New Jack City and they were running that apartment complex in New York. So that I could visualized what the community was like and what the residents had to go through on a daily basis. I could never began to fantome the idea of how it is to live in a development like this nor a community.

Then, there was the part in the book when Spencer and his girl friend Susan were walking the dog and she starts talking about how she felt and how it was time for the relationship to take another level and she asked him to move in for the sake of the dog. Yea the dog had a name I just cant remember right now. So then I Begin to think about my cousin and how she is moving in with a guy that she's been dating.

There was actually a part that I found intro sting was the character named Major how his mother was hook on drugs and he was raised by his mother and how his grandmother eventually killed her self.
and Spencer was talking to the Spanish detective or case worker they where going over his records he was even in foster homes. Oh and he had a very high IQ I felt bad for him because no one truly ask to be here and its so true that your environment is a product of who you are. Poor Marshal never really had a fair chance at life he was probably living out what was done to him.

That's it for me.


2 comments:

Maria Arias said...

Yea, I was hoping to read something interesting so I will read the novel more for fun than for being a required novel to read for the class. I kind of also agree with you with not being a very great book that I would love to read.

Lissette Amparo said...

hahaha damn senora i feel you im forcing myself to read this book, at the beging of the novel i was like wow i think i'm to like this story but, ounce i started reading it threw me off..it didnt explain Dovana's life as much as i was expecting!